Many people look forward to traveling during their retirement, but COVID-19 has made it more difficult for all of us, especially older adults. For months, seniors have had limited visits with family and friends and have not been able to take part in many of the activities they enjoy, especially travel.
What Is Armchair Travel?
Armchair Travel Destinations
- Museums around the world (as part of the Google Arts & Culture project)
- 31 national parks via Google Earth
- UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Taj Mahal
- Seychelles Islands
- And anywhere else the internet can take you
How to Set Up an Armchair Travel Activity for Seniors
- Your local library
- YouTube or other video-sharing sites
- Amazon or eBay
- Home-videos from friends or family