Dispelling Assisted Living Myths
Assisted living is part of a continuum of long-term care services that provides a combination of housing, personal care services, and health care support services.
If you or a family member are experiencing mixed feelings about the concept of assisted living, take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. Numerous myths and misunderstandings surround the idea of life in an assisted living community.
When selecting the right community to meet one’s needs, it's crucial to distinguish between reality and fiction. Tune in for insights to help you navigate this process with your loved ones.
Click to listen to this episode:
Tune in for insights and resources from Eric D. Miller, Certified Senior Advisor®, CPRS | CarePatrol of Music City.
Eric is a Certified Senior Advisor® with CarePatrol of Music City. He has lived in Middle Tennessee since 2013 and is happily married with one teenage son. Having gone through the experience of relocating a loved one to assisted living, he has a heart of compassion to help others navigate this process during what's often a difficult and stressful time.
When he is not working, Eric enjoys listening to live music, watching the hometown Nashville Predators and running through the local parks or nature trails.
#ENDALZ is a passion for Eric.
Why I Do This:
"Years ago, my grandmother, the matriarch of my family, developed dementia and relocated to an Assisted Living Community. Before she passed, the abundance of help my family received made those final years with her meaningful, memorable and special. With CarePatrol, I am able to honor my grandmother by serving others and making a difference in other people's lives. Being a calming voice of reason in the midst of emotional storms has enabled me to expertly handle stress with grace and clarity."
- Common misconceptions and frequently asked questions regarding assisted living
- Typical services offered to older adults residing in an assisted living community
- Tips for determining the right assisted living community to meet the needs of the older adult
- Questions to ask a Senior Care Advisor or healthcare professional to help make informed decisions about available care options
- Helpful resources for older adults and caregivers to access when selecting an assisted living community
- Senior Care Options: Assisted Living
- 8 Mistakes that Families Make When Looking for Senior Care
- 10 Tips When Helping Seniors Move Into Senior Housing
- Having Conversations About Senior Living: Top Tips for Families – CarePatrol
- Just in Time? The Decision to Move to Assisted Living – CarePatrol
- 5 Benefits of Assisted Living: What Families May Not Know – CarePatrol
- Amenities That Age Gracefully: What to Look for in a Senior Living Community – CarePatrol
- Residential Facilities, Assisted Living, and Nursing Homes – National Institute on Aging
- Moving Into An Assisted Living Residence: Making A Successful Transition – National Institute on Aging
- How to Share Caregiving Responsibilities with Family Members – National Institute on Aging