Have You Experienced Any of These Symptoms Working in a Healthcare Environment?
By CarePatrol of Chicago Northshore
Please take this simple test:
Have you have asked yourself any of these questions?
- Do I have a good supply of PPE?
- Did I put on my PPE correctly to stay safe?
- Did I enter and exit the room in a way to keep my team safe?
- How do I keep my patients safe?
Have you experienced any of these feelings is the last few weeks?
- Do you feel a responsibility to get it right?
- Is there a heightened sense of tension in every patient encounter?
- Do you try to add lightness and laughter and appreciation for the hard work of your coworkers?
- Have you not seen your family or kids in a while?
- Are there elderly family members you will not see anytime soon?
- Do you sleep in the basement in order to self-quarantine?
If you can relate to any of these questions, you are on the front lines protecting the rest of us. You are risking your lives for total strangers. This is a true definition of heroism. You are a real hero. You are truly appreciated, respected and valued for all that you do. We at Care Patrol thank the entire healthcare community for sacrificing so much to save so many.