Therapy Solutions No Matter the Location
For older adults recovering from an injury, surgery or illness, there are various therapy services that can support them throughout the process in order to ensure the best health outcomes.
Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Speech/Language Pathology professionals provide services that can help older adults feel better, achieve their health goals and improve their quality of life.
Learn about the differences between each therapy service and how they can support the health goals of older adults and the overall caregiving journey.
Click to listen to this episode:
Tune in for insights by Tammy Brewer, Certified Senior Advisor and President at CarePatrol Cobb-Cherokee, and Regina Sitterley, Occupational Therapist and founder of Mobile Home Therapy Solutions.
Tammy Brewer is passionate about helping seniors and their families and became personally aware of the challenges faced by seniors while searching for quality care for her loved one, for whom she is the primary caregiver. She also learned to see beyond the brochures and pretty buildings to recognize the quality of care being provided.
Tammy is Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)®, Certified Alzheimer's Caregiver, and has over 35 years of experience in the corporate world, where she developed people management and critical strategic decision-making skills.
Regina Sitterley has 20 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist, working almost entirely with senior citizens in their homes. Through her private, in-home therapy practice, she and her team are able to support older adults in the comfort of their homes; their expertise is empowering aging adults to function in daily life with as much dignity, independence, and safety as possible, giving them the choice to age in place at home.
- The differences between Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech/Language Pathology services
- Typical reasons or conditions for why therapy services are prescribed
- Frequently asked questions about therapy services
- Questions to ask when selecting a provider or contracted therapy services at an assisted living community
- Helpful resources for older adults and caregivers to learn more about therapy services
- ADLs vs. IADLs Why It’s Important to Know Flyer
- Senior Care Options: Inpatient Rehabilitation Flyer
- Senior Care Options: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Senior Care Options: Assisted Living
- What is Occupational Therapy? – AOTA
- Falls Prevention Is a Team Effort – National Council on Aging
- What Is a Physical Therapist and How Can Physical Therapy Help Me? – National Council on Aging
- Prevention for Older Adults – How Physical Therapy Can Prevent Health Problems – National Council on Aging
- Residential Facilities, Assisted Living, and Nursing Homes - National Institute on Aging
- The Aging Population – ASHA