When Nurses Speak Out
Working with nurses that deal with seniors every day, I hear them voice the same questions and concerns across a variety of assisted living communities, nursing homes, hospitals, and hospice services.
They tell me the worst part of Covid-19 are the unknowns:
- Unknown if they will lose their job.
- Unknown if the mask they have been putting in a brown bag will hold up.
- Unknown when they will get fresh PPE.
- Unknown if their patients are asymptomatic positive carriers of the virus.
- Unknown if they will bring the virus home to their family.
- Unknown how many of their patients will not make it.
What they do know is that they do the job because they love it. They are called to it. They went into it to help people and they wouldn’t change it for the world.
Thank you for what you do. You take care of us and we are here to support you. We will get through this together, one day at a time.