When is the Right Time to Consider Memory Care?
Get a deeper look into Memory Care services and how they can support your loved one’s well-being, including differences from other services, costs and resources for selecting the best care option.
Click to listen to this episode:
Tune in for insights and resources from Certified Senior Advisor® Victoria Archable.
Victoria has an extensive background in sales and marketing with a focus on the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry, with stints in global organizations such as Procter & Gamble, Ralston Purina and Pillsbury Company.
Her start in the entrepreneurial space came about with her purchase of a small millwork manufacturing business. Later, she joined the CarePatrol family as a franchise partner, where she now connects with local families, providing support and care options to suit their needs.
Victoria considers herself blessed to be able to help seniors and their families as they face the complex challenge of finding the right senior living community. She listens carefully to her client's needs, concerns and preferences before recommending appropriate levels of care such as Independent Living, Assisted Senior Housing, Personal Care Home, Memory Care or In-Home Care.
- What is Memory Care, and the services that are typically provided for individuals receiving this care
- Differences between Memory Care services and Assisted Living
- Who can benefit from the services provided in Memory Care and the typical diagnoses of those who are receiving Memory Care services
- The average cost to receive Memory Care across the US and ways to pay for services
- Signs or factors to take into consideration as to when and if Memory Care is the right option for a loved one
- Questions older adults and caregivers should ask their doctor or healthcare professional regarding whether Memory Care is appropriate for their condition
- Resources for older adults and caregivers to access when selecting a Memory Care provider
- Assisted Living vs. In-Home Care for Seniors Educational Flyer
- 20 Signs that your Loved One May Need More Help Rack Card
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease (ALZ.org)
- Memory Care: Specialized Support for People With Alzheimer's or Dementia (AARP)
- Memory Care Costs (SeniorLiving.org)
- Genworth. Cost of Care Survey: Median Cost Data Table (Genworth)
- Signs That It’s Time for Memory Care (U.S. News)
- Second Wind Dreams®
Listen to more My Care Advisors episodes here >>