Why You Should Use A Local Senior Placement Advisor
By CarePatrol of Metro Atlanta
When it comes to senior care options, there is a lot to consider. The first question is what type of care option is most appropriate; assisted living, memory care, independent living, or in-home care? Within each option, there is a myriad of factors to consider like pricing schemes, care capability, apartment size, location, residential versus large community, and more.
Many families start searching online which can result in unintended consequences. Most people are unaware of how search engines work and while they may think providing their contact information will yield the information they are seeking, oftentimes what they get is a barrage of phone calls from senior living communities seeking to persuade them to tour their community. Has that happened to you? Unsuspecting consumers are unaware that they entered into an implied contract with an online senior referral agency, blasting out their personal information to 15-20 local communities who rely heavily on these referrals to reach people they wouldn't normally reach. It is all very legal! Without knowing your situation, they will encourage you to tour their community. To avoid this misadventure and still get what you need, contact a local Senior Advisor with CarePatrol.
CarePatrol works directly with the family to determine care needs, psycho-social needs, and preferred locations to recommend safe quality senior living options. We then help you and your loved one tour these pre-screened communities, ask the questions you may not think to ask and assist with the move-in process. CarePatrol is there every step of the way.
When working with a CarePatrol Senior Advisor, you can expect the following:
● Expert Knowledge: They should be trained in the aging process and carry an accreditation such as Certified Senior Advisor ®.
● Personalized Recommendations: They should meet with you personally to understand issues like medical history, care needs, budget, geographical preferences, etc.
● Local Advisors: They should live where you live and know the area. They should provide a "local" view on communities and resources and guide you when you tour and compare each community.
● Safer Senior Care Options: They should review each recommended community’s care and violation history.
● Post-Move-In Follow Up: They should follow up with you after move-in to ensure the community is meeting your expectations and ensure that the relationship is a good fit.
For more information on how CarePatrol can help you or your loved one, give us a call today.